LahainaTown Action Committee (LAC)
Action is an apt middle name for LahainaTown Action Committee (LAC), which was formed by businesses owners and residents in 1988 to preserve the historic integrity, re-kindle the small town atmosphere and promote the uniqueness of Lahaina. LahainaTown Action Committee is a 501 (c)(4) non-profit organization. LAC is primarily self funded through membership dues and event revenue and is pro-active, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, non-profit with wide spread community support.
LahainaTown Action Committee is known for their large scale events which are well organized, well publicized and well attended by the public. LahainaTown Action Committee events are included in national and international media, as well as local and statewide media.
LahainaTown Action Committee also serves as a liaison between residents, businesses and other organizations who work together to maintain the historic districts of Lahaina and address the concerns of the West Maui community.
Welcome to Lahaina, the small town and world-class destination.
LahainaTown Action Committee Board of Directors:
- Sne Patel – Maui Resort Rentals
- Jack Starr – Kimo’s
- Tambara Garrick – Hawaii Farm Project
- Mousa Hassan – Maui Paradise Lahaina
- State Representative Angus McKelvey (10th House District)
- Sean Corpuel – Cool Cat Cafe
- U’i Kahue – Maui Grown 808
- Taz (Aviella) Moore – URBAN-N-ISLAND
- Wilmont (Kamaunu) Kahaialii
- Valerie B. McKelvey, Esq. – Dionne Law Firm