Entries will be accepted between February 1st, 2018 and March 31st, 2018
Entry Fee: $25 per submission. Limit of 3 entries per entrant.
Preparing Your Entry:
- Enter online or submit your entry via regular mail. Offline entries must be accompanied by an Entry Form, and the required entry fee (credit card information, check or money order made payable to LahainaTown Action Committee. If you are entering more than one manuscript, you may mail all entries in the same envelope and write one check for the total entry fee.
- You may enter online even if you are paying with a check. However, the check must be received prior to entry deadline. Word doc. and PDF Formats only. Please fill out the entry forms, scan and send with your submission. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your entry must be original, in English, unpublished* and unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission. LAC retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the First Place winning entry to be published in an online publication at the LAC website www.visitlahaina.com.* Entries in the Magazine Feature Article category may be previously published. Any piece posted online, anywhere other than a personal blog, is considered published.
- Entry must be typed on one side of 8-1/2 x 11 or A4 white paper. Manuscripts must be double-spaced. Your name, address, phone number and Title of submission must appear in the upper left-hand corner of the first page —otherwise your entry is disqualified.
- BE SURE OF YOUR WORD COUNT! Entries exceeding the word limit of 1,500 will be disqualified. Type the exact word count (counting every single word, except the title and contact information) at the top of the manuscript.
- Mailed entries that are more than one page in length must be stapled.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.