2nd Friday on Front Street in Lahaina
Visit the Historic Lahaina Town Downtown District for the most unique Friday Town Party on Maui. Featuring 4 blocks of fun and special events sprinkled through-out our oceanfront downtown Front Street. Seawalls, the Lahaina Harbor, a Candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home/Museum, Live Hawaiian music from5-8pm center stage at Campbell Park and many specials at a host of fun restaurants, bars and local treateries! October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so we decided to raise awareness by painting our town pink!
Our entertainment lineup for the night:
Maui Jam- Hawaiian Music and Hula 5-6:30 pm
Maui Music Mission Keiki Hula/Ukulele Show 6:30-7pm
Banyan Tree Park:
Heartbeat Silent Disco 6-9pm
The Outlets of Maui:
Na Pua O Kapi`olani Keiki Hula Show 5-5:45pm
Vincent Cacal 5-7pm HardRock Lanai corner of Front and Papalaua
HEARTBEAT SILENT DISCO
Join us Friday the 13th for a Banyan Tree Benefit.
This is a fundraiser to help raise the money needed in order to light this iconic tree for the holiday season. Heartbeat Sound Systems will be donating all the proceeds from this event to help light the holidays so come dance with us and support Lahaina in getting this beautiful tree lit.
Silent Disco gives you personal volume control so you can feel like you are in the front row of a concert wherever you are in the park.
With the ability to run up to 3 channels/genres of music Silent Disco allows people who like different types of music to still dance together in the same room. Whether you are into bass music, house music or funky stuff we will have something for everyone. If you want to have a conversation, just take one headphone off. No need to yell over someone elses experience.
This is a family-friendly event, and we encourage you to bring snacks, glowsticks, and whatever else you feel would contribute to the fun.
Please bring a valid drivers license for use of the headphones along with a suggested donation of $5-$20 sliding scale to help light this beautiful tree this holiday season! All proceeds will be going towards the lighting of the Banyan Tree.
FRIDAY NIGHT IS ART NIGHT IN LAHAINA
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9pm. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the Old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
Photo Credit: http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/maui/lahaina-nightlife/
LAHAINA ART GALLERIES
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing by Sean Price. Special deals, fabulous seconds and clearance sale, serving wine.
- Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
- Maui Hands Gallery: Featured artist Diane Snoey Appler 11am to 3pm. Refreshments served.
- Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5-10 p.m. Featured artists on-site.
- The Village Gallery: Enjoy art from Hawaii’s oldest gallery with painting demonstrations every Friday 6-9pm. Refreshments served.
- Images Fine Art Gallery: Complimentary wine and live music.
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items.
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist Roman Czerwinski will be on site. Serving wine.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: 6:30-10pm Fine Art Auction. Serving wine and pupus. Live jazz/ambient guitar.
- Kingwell Island Art: Jim Kingwell will be do an art demo. Serving wine and pupus.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Refreshments will be served.
- Contemporary Masters: Live entertainment
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and pupus
- Vintage Posters: Wine and pupus
- Joelle: Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pupus will be served
- Higgins Harte Gallery International: Wine and pupus
- Down the Hatch:
DTH-Maui will feature local artist Eliza German for Lahaina’s 2nd Friday, October 13th from 5:30-10:30 pm! Eliza will feature a variety of her work, along with having a piece, benefiting the Lahaina Art Association, Youth Outreach Program. See artwork from local artists every 2nd Friday at DTH Maui. Supporting local all around, join us Down the Hatch!
- Kimo’s: Live music 8-10pm no cover charge. Tori Dixon Live
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6-9pm
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage with Uncle Lui Williams
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music Happy Hour 2-5pm, Will on Acoustic Guitar
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo 7-10:30pm
- Pi Artisan Pizzeria at The Outlets of Maui: Live music with Danyel Alana 6-9pm
- Pacifico: Armadillo & Crew 4-6pm
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount.
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Betty’s Beach Café: Prime Rib Night $19.95
- Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 pm, with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details).
- Pi Artisan Pizza: Happy Hour 3-5pm discounted pupus and drink specials
THE WHARF CINEMA CENTER
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree.
- Down The Hatch: Features local artist and environmental activist Megan Koeberle 5-9pm
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off kama`aina discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off kama`aina discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2 off 1-lb 100% Kona Coffee
- Pad Thai: 15% off food only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% off food only.
THE WHARF SHOPS TOWN PARTY SPECIALS
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off kama’aina discount
- Crazy Shirts: Screen printing demo with a complimentary screen print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 off any hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% off regular-priced jewelry
- JC Chism: Free gift with purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free gift with purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% off regular-priced items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10-50% off sterling silver & handmade jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% off jewelry; 10% off gift items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10-20% discount on select items
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 shirts and get 5th one free
- Three D Gallery: Free gift with purchase of $20 or more
BALDWIN HOME MUSEUM
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6- 830pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free. For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 808-661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
About Friday Town Parties
Showcasing the unique nature of our historic towns, Maui Friday Town Parties bring the community together for a pau hana night of outdoor music, art, food and Maui culture. There is a town party every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second Friday, Makawao Third Friday and Kihei Fourth Friday.
Residents are encouraged to kick back and enjoy the fun. Free.
Check www.mauifridays.com for latest event listings.
General event questions: 270-7710, email email@example.com